Having read countless articles on the goodness of lemons, I am an occasional fan – when I am not lazy.
A while ago, I came across a recipe of making lemon honey concentrate, which I thought was quite a good idea to eliminate the hassle of juicing lemon daily.
2-3 fresh lemons, jar of honey, a clean glass jar.
1. Clean a glass jar thoroughly and let dry.
2. Wash 2-3 lemons with salt and let them sit in salt water for a while. Since we are going to soak the lemon slices in honey, we need to at least try to make sure that the lemons are clean.
3. Wipe the lemon dry before cutting.
4. Cut the lemons into thin slices and remove the seeds. Seeds are bitter and rather annoying, so I prefer to de-seed the lemons.
5. Place the lemon slices into glass jar and cover them with honey as you go with each layer.
6. Be generous with the honey and make sure that the lemon slices fully submerge in honey.
7. Keep it refrigerated for 2-3 days and you are ready to drink!
8. You might need to use a chopstick to stir the honey well.
The best to consume this will be in the morning, 30 mins before breakfast. It helps to cleanse your system, giving you a Vit C boost, and keep you hydrated. Most importantly…it’s good for skin!
Use a ceramic or plastic spoon when mixing the drink, and use only cool or room temperature water.
It only takes you 15 mins to prepare the jar of honey lemon and it certainly beats having to wash the lemon juicer daily