About a month ago, Artistry Amway has launched a new product that promises Softer, Radian Skin in Just 8 Minutes.
So, what is it?
Presenting the Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel.
This revolutionary product contains a breakthrough Mushroom Enzyme, for a gentler, naturally-derived alternative to a chemical peel.
In short, it is a type of enzymatic peel, derived from a mushroom. Apparently the Mucor Miehei mushroom has some auto-cell renew functions. It is different from the chemical peel because it is gentler, and suitable for ALL skin types including sensitive skin.
At the product launch, John Scimeca, a Research Associate with Artistry’s R & D Group, was there to explain the benefits and the breakthrough of the product as he was one of the scientists responsible for the development of this product.
He explained: “An exfoliating product such as a peel helps to keep your skin looking fresh and young at all times. As skin ages, its metabolism and the cell turnover rate slows down, so we need to help our skin get rid of dead skin cells to maintain younger looking skin. Young skin takes only about two weeks for a new cell turnover cycle while mature skin takes more than a month. Thus, to make sure the topmost layer of our skin is not composed of dead cells that give us a dry and rough appearance, an exfoliation product such as the Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is vital.”
The product comes in a simple yet practical blue pump bottle. Worried about not being able to see the level of remaining product in the bottle?
Thank goodness it has a window on the side of the bottle so you can estimate how many uses more left for you before you go into a frenzy of replenishing the product.
Unfortunately is that, being manufactured in Korean, the instructions om the box are also printed in a language that most of us do not understand.
But apparently it is selling like hot cakes in Korea!
We are advised to use 8 pumps for our face (amount shown above is 2 pumps), and you will be surprised that 8 pumps are just enough for average face size, don’t think that 8-pump is a lot!
The renewing peel is in a silicone-like gel and it glides on skin easily. It doesn’t act as a normal scrub with beads, and neither it will peel like dead-skin peeling.
To use the product:
1. Pump out about 8 pumps onto a clean palm.
2. Apply the product evenly on a cleansed skin.
3. Wait for about 6-8 minutes and wash off. (If left for longer than 8 mins on your skin, there won’t be any additional benefits).
4. Wet your face and massage the gel off gently.
5. Rinse with water.
I have tried it 3x and although my skin felt silky smooth after using, but that’s about it. And I experienced some breakouts too as silicone-products tend to break me out.
So, when I let my mom have it, and it did show better results on her skin compared to mine. Her skin appeared to be brighter after using.
1. Can this be used on serious acne-skin?
– Not recommended.
2. How can a peel improve skin hydration?
– When all the dead skin cells are removed from the skin surface, all the other products can work better into your skin, hence hydration level will increase.
3. What if I experience unusual breakouts after using this peel? (Below is the reply from Amway)
– In regards to your queries, our US counterparts have clarified that the Renewing Peel has a number of silicones in it, all of which are safe, not sensitizing, and extensively well studied materials. The most common ones in the formula are dimethicone (8.6%) and cyclopentasiloxane (D5 at 7.6%), both of which are safe and should not cause these breakouts. In fact, dimethicone is GRAS (or Generally Recognized As Safe), a skin conditioning agent that is used in barrier creams to prevent and heal irritant contact dermatitis and as OTC drug for diaper rush and as skin protectant.
Silicones are also widely used for cosmetic and skincare products such as blushers, eye lotions, eye makeup, and foundations, just to name a few, as well as food additives, in food processing, and in medicinal applications. Because of their recognized biocompatibility with no irritating and sensitizing potential, silicones are used in medicinal devices, long-term implants, wound-interface, drug carriers, and others.
If you’re still concerned about the effects from the Peel, we’d recommend that you temporarily stop using it until such a time later when you’re comfortable again that you’re not reacting to something else that you could unknowingly have been also applying.
Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel retails at RM312/20ml (about 6 weeks supply twice a week) and Amway members will be entitled to the member discount. Price is rather steep but if you are considering a chemical peel, this could be an alternative home care for you.
There is ONE thing that we can be sure of – your face will still be considerably safe with this peel